Thursday, November 8, 2012

IDT 516 Final Project Proposal

I would like to use Learnist to create an instructional training module on how to research a paper.  In the library we use a tool called, LibGuides, when we do library instruction.  It's great, but tends to be very text heavy.  I'd like to use Learnist, so I can incorporate more visuals, plus I can use additional resources outside of WIU.  We have excellent sources, and my colleagues do a great job with their instruction.  I want to incorporate other great sources from other academic libraries in this instruction.  It will move from being assigned a research project and how to get started, determining good sources, how to find books, how to find articles, putting your paper together, citation and formatting.  I like that I can have a lot of visual images in Learnist, and then link to more text.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy,

    This sounds like a great idea I am sure that a lot of can find your project very useful because sometimes research papers are very challenging. I will be reading your project and learning from it because I am trying to get better at doing reasearch papers.

    Thanks for the great idea,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea. I know that I and a lot of other fellow students can find this very helpful. Finding resources are hard to find at times unless you know where to look and how to look. I feel that your project will definitely help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Research is so important and difficult for students. I like the idea of using Learnist. I look forward to seeing how your project goes, and would like to follow on Learnist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the LibGuides well. I am interested in seeing this in Learnist.

    ReplyDelete